January 14, 2019
In this episode, we talk all about how to make friends in college. Sometimes, this can be challenging, but it is so important to learn how to do this in life! Here are a few ways to make friends:
-join a club or organization
-step outside of your comfort zone
-ask someone to hang out
-volunteer for an event or an organization
-say hi to people in class
-find things you enjoy doing
-say yes to things
-engage in shared experiences
-find people in your major
-find people with similar interests or goals
Try one of these this semester, and let me know how it goes. And remember IT TAKES TIME TO BUILD MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS. Keep trying and hang in there
January 7, 2019
In this episode, we talk about 4 steps to a successful semester:
(1) Buy or create something visual that you will actually use.
(2) Write down EVERYTHING from each syllabus and the rest of your commitments.
(3) Create a habit and actually use it.
(4) Start early and get shit done. Do the thing.
Let me know what challenges you experience with time management, prioritization, and organization. Message me and just say hi! @thecollegelifecoach or email me at email@example.com
December 31, 2018
In this episode, we reflect on 2018. We talk about successes, challenges, and what my goals are for 2019. I challenge you to create a plan to become a better you, and a better student this semester. What is one thing you could implement or change?
Don't forget to enter the giveaway on the post made December 20th on Instagram @thecollegelifecoach to win a Passion Planner!
December 17, 2018
In this episode, we talk about the end of the semester reflections - What went well? What didn't go so well? What do you want to do different next semester? What could you do to help you reach your long term goals?
Would love to hear what you reflect on!
Message me on Instagram @thecollegelifecoach
December 10, 2018
Thinking about taking time off from college? Listen to this episode for things you should consider!
December 3, 2018
In this episode, we talk about how to prepare for finals.
(1) Write down every final - the class, the date of the final, and the location
(2) Figure out what your grade is currently in the class.
(3) Figure out what you want to get.
(4) Write down what you will do now, until your final, to be and feel prepared.
(5) Find out if your final is cumulative (Chapters 1-15) or the last test (Chapters 11-14).
(6) What are you going to study (think lecture notes, chapters, journal articles, homework assignments, prior test)? How are you going to study (think self-testing strategies to find out if you actually know the material - not memorize)? When and where are you going to study (library, coffee shop, home)?
(7) Use your resources - office hours, tutoring, writing center, help sessions, study with friends
Let me know how you do on your finals: @thecollegelifecoach on Instagram
November 26, 2018
In this episode, I interview a good friend Monika, who recently read the book, When Likes Aren't Enough, A Crash Course in the Science of Happiness, by Tim Bono. We talk about:
- Social Media, and the false sense of connection that can happen, particularly in college
- Being in the present moment, and all the challenges that come along with that
You will leave this episode with insight and practical suggestions on how to incorporate some of this in your every day life.
To purchase the book, When Likes Aren't Enough: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1538743418/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1538743418&linkCode=as2&tag=collegelifepo-20&linkId=326656b534e614c305cdcdf743086242
To check out the Cold Turkey app: https://getcoldturkey.com
I mentioned the Earn Your Happy podcast by Lori Harder (I love this podcast and any episode is seriously awesome): https://www.loriharder.com/podcast/
Let's connect on Instagram @thecollegelifecoach
November 19, 2018
This week is about prioritizing you and your self care. Do something you have been wanting to do, but have been putting off.
If you do something cool that really brings you joy or energizes you, take a picture and tag me on Instagram @thecollegelifecoach